Andersen Window EcoPro Replacement System
Windows and Doors
About Fibrex® Materials and LEGACY Installation
Fibrex® material combines the strength and durability of wood with the maintenance ease of vinyl. But Fibrex material is more than just environmentally responsible. It’s also durable and beautiful.
Combined with LEGACY’s Exclusive Seal & Trim Process, homeowners can expect decades of Ownership Satisfaction.
What Makes Fibrex® Material Sustainable?
- Composition: Andersen blends 40 percent wood fiber by weight, mostly reclaimed from manufacturing processes, with 60 percent thermoplastic polymer by weight, some of which is also reclaimed. Pre-consumer Fibrex material is also reclaimable. LEGACY responsibly uses landfills for proper debris disposal and maximum recycling opportunities. Any leftover Fibrex materials are properly disposed of.
- Fibrex material blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum to help reduce heating and cooling bills. LEGACY installation GUARANTEES Zero Air Infiltration for length of ownership.
- Reduces VOC emissions because no wood preservative treatments or painting is required.
How Durable is Fibrex® Material?
- Fibrex material is twice as strong as vinyl, so weathertight seals stay weathertight.
- Fibrex material retains its stability and rigidity in all climates.
- Our unique fabrication process blends the color with the Fibrex material during production for long-lasting beauty.
- Fibrex material resists rot, decay and fungal growth, and won’t flake, blister, peel, pit or corrode.
How Does LEGACY Seal and trim its Fibrex®? EcoPro Window Series?
- Every LEGACY EcoPro Fibrex Window is Custom made. Expert Measurement is a pillar of our process.
- Once installed the window and door frames are sealed twice. We start with minimal expansion foam manufactured in Finland. This creates a very small, flexible bond between the new window and door frame and wall stud. Second a premium, color match silicone is then applied around the exterior perimeter.
- Our Expert installers will then fabricate on site custom brick mold in color match material. The PVC coated trim guarantees the brick mold will maintain its color for many years. No Maintenance required.